Our Developmental Service Worker diploma program prepares you for a deeply fulfilling career path helping people with developmental and physical disabilities live, work and participate in their community. You will become a valued advocate for disabled persons as you encourage their self-confidence and help them overcome the barriers that make them feel isolated and prevent them from living their best lives. Be career-ready in less than one year!
Why Choose Our Developmental Service Worker Program?
- Our 49-week program includes a 600-hour externship that allows you to put your skills into practice in a field-related work environment.
- Graduate with the confidence to pursue opportunities in a range of workplaces, including schools, community agencies, recreational centres, seniors’ centres, hospitals and outreach homes.
- Our curriculum includes such topics as developmental psychology, crisis prevention intervention, counseling techniques, report writing and family dynamics and are taught by caring instructors who have years of experience in their field.
- You will be well-prepared for your career responsibilities; including interviewing clients; assessing their skills and strengths; providing supports and services for persons with disabilities; supporting the client’s health and well-being; providing informal counselling; and nurturing an inclusive, non-judgmental environment in which clients can learn and progress at their own pace.
- Our extensive career services include assistance with resume and cover letting writing, job search help, confidence-building interview techniques and job fairs for graduates.
Contact Anderson College Today!
Fill out our form to learn more about our Developmental Service Worker diploma program. Our admissions experts will answer your important questions about admissions requirements, financing options, program length, campus tours and more. We welcome the opportunity to show you why Anderson College is your best choice for achieving all your academic and career ambitions!