Get Help Starting a New Career!
Better Jobs Ontario (formerly known as the Second Career Strategy) is an initiative that provides financial support to qualified candidates to pay for the training or education that required to get a better job. Better Jobs Ontario is available to unemployed jobseekers but has been newly expanded to include those who have been laid off due to COVID-19 and want to re-train for jobs with potential for future employment.
What expenses does Better Jobs Ontario funding cover?
You may qualify for up to $28,000 in funding to pay for:
- Other instructional costs, such as student fees, supplies and electronic devices
- Basic living allowance (up to $500 per week)
Additional funding may be available for:
- Disability-related supports
- Living away from home
- Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) and/or language training
Who may be eligible for Better Jobs Ontario funding?
- You have been laid off and not been working or are working a temporary job just to cover costs
- You have not been laid off but have been unemployed for six months or longer and are part of a low-income household
- You receive either Unemployment Insurance (EI), Ontario Works (OW) or Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- A fast-track stream is available if you were laid off on or after March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19
Use our form to contact Anderson College and learn more about Better Jobs Ontario. Note that, to apply to Better Jobs Ontario, you will work with an Employment Ontario agency where an advisor will help you decide if this program is right for you and help you to complete your application.