Our Health Information Management diploma program prepares to obtain vital information in such healthcare-related sectors as acute care, primary care, long-term care, insurance, education and more. By ensuring that health information is accurate and relevant, you will help facilitate and improve health care delivery and patient care. This is a growing field with a strong economic outlook, making it a great career choice for people who are analytical, detail-oriented and passionate about enhancing Ontario’s healthcare system.
Why Choose Our Health Information Management Program?
- Our 60-week program is accredited through the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) and includes a 420-hour off-site externship that allows you to put your skills into practice in a real-world work environment
- Our program prepares you for the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CHIM) national certification examination (NCE), which earns you a CHIM professional designation
- Graduate with to pursue a career path with hospitals, community health clinics, educational institutes, pharmaceutical firms, insurance companies, home health agencies, nursing homes and more
- Our curriculum includes such topics as health information analysis, healthcare law and ethics in Canada, database management, project management and workplace communications and are taught by caring instructors with years of experience in their field
- Learn to work with confidential records; collect data; collect, code, record, review and manage health information; collect, code, cross-reference and store health records, implement and update health information systems; provide support and training when necessary; and more
- Our extensive career services include assistance with resume and cover letting writing, job search help, confidence-building interview techniques and job fairs for graduates
Contact Anderson College Today!
Fill out our form to learn more about our Health Information Management diploma program. Our admissions experts will answer your important questions about admissions requirements, financing options, program length, campus tours and more. We welcome the opportunity to show you why Anderson College is your best choice for achieving all your academic and career ambitions!