Our Paralegal Studies diploma program prepares you to provide legal services and independently represent people in specific areas of the law, including small claims court, traffic court, landlord/tenant matters and before the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. Our program prepares you to take the Paralegal Licensing Examination to receive accreditation through the Law Society of Ontario (LSO). Be career-ready in less than a year!
Why Choose Our Paralegal Studies Program?
- Accredited by the Law Society of Ontario (LSO), our 48-week program includes a 120-hour externship in which you will apply your skills in a real-world work environment with potential employers
- Graduate with the confidence to pursue a career path in law and paralegal firms, legal clinics, government offices, financial institutions, insurance companies, courts and more
- Study areas of the law in which paralegals may represent clients, including Landlord & Tenant Law, Employment Law, Torts and Contracts, Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship law and more
- Learn to prepare interview clients, witnesses and other parties; perform legal research; prepare legal documents; assemble documentary evidence; assist lawyers in preparation for mediation and judicial dispute resolutions; draft legal correspondence; perform administrative and clerical duties; and much more
- All classes are taught by licensed lawyers or paralegals with years of experience who are invested in your success and provide valuable insight into your future career
- Our extensive career services include assistance with resume and cover letting writing, job search help, confidence-building interview techniques and job fairs for graduates
Contact Anderson College Today!
Fill out our form to learn more about our Paralegal Studies diploma program. Our admissions experts will answer your important questions about admissions requirements, financing options, program length, campus tours and more. We welcome the opportunity to show you why Anderson College is your best choice for achieving all your academic and career ambitions!